BUDGET FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES IN CLERMONT COUNTY
There are plenty of activities in Clermont County to keep you and your family entertained. Here are some that will create memories with your family, but won’t break the bank.
1. Geocaching A modern-day scavenger hunt has turned into a worldwide budget friendly activity. You can explore thousands of geocaches within Clermont County and the greater Cincinnati region. Some caches are strategically placed near important historical monuments for a brief history lesson and others are scattered throughout our great outdoor hiking trails. For all you geocaching trail lovers, here you will have the opportunity to complete the Underground Freedom Geotrail, the Greater Cincinnati GeoTour and the Earthcache GeoTour.
2. Chilo Lock 34 Visitor Center and Museum This park is located along the Ohio River and offers three floors of exhibits and interactive displays focusing on the history of the Ohio River and locks and dams. A 1.5 acre wetland is located in the park, providing great wildlife watching opportunities and the Crooked Run Nature Preserve is located adjacent to the park providing excellent hiking trails.
3. Cardboard Boat Museum America’s Cardboard Boat Racing capital, New Richmond, OH. You will enjoy the colorful and quirky Cardboard Boat Museum, which showcases dozens of unique cardboard boats. The museum offers classes in building cardboard boats and special tours. They are also the host of the popular Cardboard Boat Regatta, which takes place every August during the River Days Festival.
4. Frisbee Golf Let’s add some good family-friendly competition to your trip with a nice round of frisbee golf. This sport shares the same principal as golf, the object of completing each hole in the fewest strokes, or in this case, the fewest throws with a frisbee. The game is growing in popularity and we have the courses for your family to enjoy, including Amelia DGC, Kathryn Stagge-Marr Park and the Miami Township Community Park.
5. Loveland Castle & Museum Chateau Laroche Learning a little history is always an exciting journey and visiting the Loveland Castle & Museum gives you the opportunity to jump back in time. The historical Loveland Castle & Museum Chateau Laroche was built by one man as an expression and reminder of the simple strength and rugged grandeur of the mighty men who lived when Knighthood was in flower. Here you will learn the history of Sir Harry Delos Andres, see swords and weapons from years ago and take in the beautiful architecture that this castle offers.
6. Take a Tour of Jungle Jim’s Calling all foodies! Experience Jungle Jim’s 6-acre food lover’s paradise. Take a tour of the store and enjoy food samples from all around the world. Explore the miles of aisles at Jungle Jim’s while knowledgeable tour guides lead you on a fun-filled food safari. Learn the history of Jungle Jim’s International Market, explore each department and discover thousands of incredible edibles from around the world- all under one roof.